Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Glory days have come to an end...

So we just joined a new church in Elk Grove and are loving it.  One of the things my husband especially loves about it is that they have a softball league.  This is SOO exciting for him because he was born and bred baseball. He played all the way through college but Im pretty sure high school baseball were his real glory days.  Regardless, those glory days have proven to be LOOOONG over.  Above is a picture of the back of Joey’s leg (behind his knee) of the results of last Friday night’s game.  I sat in the bleachers watching him scramble around the in-field and make great catches and throws to his fellow basemen for a few great strike outs.  He made some good contact with the ball when he was up to bat, but the contact usually resulted in a pop fly that was caught right away.  As the game was coming to an end and I sat there watching our new team and my Joey under the lights, I thought I could get use to being a FAN. The game ended and Joey stumbles towards me ready to leave…..Blood running down his shin, and complaints of some serious pulled hamstring action and both groins very strained.  Joey has been in pain since Friday with some serious bruising as you can see, but the fact of the matter is simple; when he is on that field I think my 28 year -old husband thinks he is a lean and limber, 17 year-old star player all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment