Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kona Ironman Oct 8, 2011

Joey Williams You are an IRONMAN!!!!

I have been thinking about those words since Joey was selected to participate in the Ironman almost a year ago. Finally, last Saturday I got to hear them.  The excitement and relief and rush and glory was overwhelming. I still can't believe he did it! Too many nights of training to count. Too many nights home with Tess while Joey was preparing for this occasion.  Too many times I said, "I cannot wait until this is over." And now, Too many times will I tell Joey how proud I am of him.


                                                       we got there in the dark.




                                            Jimmy pumping Joe up before the big start


...And they are off!


                                                             And it's dark again!
                                                                     He did it!
                 "Joey Williams YOU are an IRONMAN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment