Thursday, September 10, 2009

The CHAIR


You might be asking yourself today, hmmm what is Aly up to lately because she doesn’t have a whole lot going on in her life right now…. (OK. maybe the thought never crossed your mind, but HUMOR me pleeease). Well, I will tell you what I have been up to. One of the little projects I have wanted to do in our home is create a space for me. I have read in a few marriage books that each partner in the marriage needs their own space in their house. Whether that space is a fully furnished office, craft room, (craft closet ;) ) or even a corner of some room, each needs his/her area. My space happens to be this baker’s rack looking desk that I love. Since we have had it, I painted (ok Joey painted) the wood black. The desk is bursting at the seams with stationary, pens, pencils, craft supplies, and our printer. I wanted to give my space an extra boost of sweetness so this last Friday I painted the coordinating desk chair ALL.DAY.LONG. Seriously I woke up and painted until Joey got home (5-ish). When he asked me what I did all day, I HAD to laugh, because I did nothing but paint a chair. But I have to justify myself in saying this is no slap and schlack paint job. I sanded, painted a coat of black paint, let it dry, painted over the black paint with several coats of turquois paint and then used a knife and sand paper to scrape and sand the chair to look worn and distressed. I tried to scrape the paint in areas that a chair would actually be worn in. I have to say I’m in total like with the final look of my new improved chair, to my new and improved “me” space.

Before...(cluttered, and boring)

After...(more organized and fun!)

***Note: I am working on getting the pictures bigger***

No comments:

Post a Comment